Singu FM, facility and maintenance management software, was successfully installed in Panasonic's largest factory in the world located in Gunma Prefecture in Japan. The factory has been in operation since 1959. Today, the main products produced there are commercial air conditioning equipment and food-related equipment.
It is worth mentioning that Singu FM is used in 110 buildings across the factory site, which is one square kilometer in size. Almost a hundred users are registered in the system, serving seven companies including Panasonic Appliances that is the key customer. Pasona Panasonic Business Services (PBS) is the FM company that is a key user of Singu FM and is a license holder.
The project started with a 3-month trial in the core building on the premises, followed by extensive training of the crew on the instance functionality and configuration, and then went live on June 1,2020, with the scope of coverage gradually expanding.
The objectives of the Singu FM implementation were as follows:
· Improve service quality as a facility service provider
· Reduce the time spent on documentation by moving from paper-based processes to a comprehensive facility management IT solution, and play a role in PBS's digital transformation.
“By using Singu FM’s asset management module and mobile terminals, we have been able to improve the accuracy of asset management work and share the work progress, which has increased the trust of the accounting department and others.
What is more, we were able to proceed with the project without limiting the number of workers to a certain level, and this has had an effect on the shortage of personnel in Corona.”
East Japan Solution Division, Pasona Panasonic Business Service Co.
Singu FM offers over 40 fully functional modules for various real estate operations. Following modules are implemented into Gunma Factory:
· Reactive Maintenance to reduce work waste by thorough management of maintenance contracts
· Facility management to improve accuracy of ledger management
· Registration and tracking of asset parameters
· Inventory management of major equipment
· Preventive maintenance by standardizing checklists
· Annual inventory of assets imported to Singu FM
· Reporting and data visualization
Singu FM is a user-friendly cloud-based computer-aided facility management system(CAFM) that combines facility and maintenance management features into one integrated solution. The app offers a variety of modules that helps to receive cost savings, increase operational efficiencies, and boost profitability. Here are the most crucial benefits for end-users of Gunma Factory:
· Paperless work procedures helps reduce operational costs and increase employee productivity
· Data environment with access to work status
· Secure management of historical data
· Ability to perform daily activities on the fly using mobile devices (smartphones and tablets)
· Use of IoT sensors in daily operations (checkpoints to locate users, NFC tags to identify devices)
· Flexibility in reporting -users can create their own SQL-based reports to extract the data they need.
PBS plans to further expand Singu FM by incorporating additional features such as:
Sign up now to get access to our monthly newsletter about innovation, Singu products, and other important news from the PropTech world.
Find why the implementation of Singu Smart Security Desk at Logicor Piaseczno was a significant step forward, improving security and traffic flow.
GTC SA implemented Singu Data Room, virtual document management system, for its newly implemented commercial project. Read more about this project.
The largest factory of Panasonic chose Singu FM to boost efficiency, increase productivity and reduce costs. Read more about the implementation.