A visitor management system (VMS in short) is a critical part of any business or organization. It is the best way to keep track of everyone who comes in and out of your real estate, and it can also help to keep your business safe. If you're looking for a visitor management system, then here are a few reasons why you need it and some tips for choosing the best one.
What is an Automated Visitor Management System?
Automated visitor management systems are software tools used by organizations to manage and track visitors. These systems can include features such as visitor:
- Visitor pre-registration,
- Mobile check-in using QR codes,
- Badge printing,
- Visitor tracking,
- Visitor watchlist,
- Visitor reporting and analysis,
VMS is used to keep track of who is coming and going, and to ensure that everyone is safe. Visitor management systems can also be used to keep track of who has access to certain areas, and to ensure that only authorized people are allowed into those areas.
Why Visitor Management System?
A Visitor Management System (VMS) is used by organizations to effectively manage and track visitors for a number of reasons:
- Enhanced security: A VMS helps to ensure that only authorized visitors are allowed into the premises, enhancing the overall security of the organization.
- Streamlined check-in process: VMS simplifies the check-in process for visitors, reducing wait times and making the process more efficient.
- Improved visitor tracking: VMS allows organizations to keep track of who is coming and going, including the time and purpose of their visit.
- Better data collection and analysis: A VMS collects and stores visitor data, providing organizations with valuable insights and information that can be used for reporting and analysis.
- Compliance with regulations: VMS helps organizations to comply with legal and regulatory requirements related to visitor management.
Where is Visitor Management System Used?
The good news is that VMS are commonly used by organizations in a variety of industries including, but not only:
- Commercial and industrial real estate,
Every building, regardless of its industry, can benefit from a visitor management solution.
What are the Types of Visitor Management Systems?
There are a variety of different types of VMS systems available on the market. Most of them are cloud-based, while others are installed on-premises. The features and functionality of a VMS can vary depending on the type of system you choose.
In addition to traditional visitor management systems, a touchless visitor management system is also available. Check-in is completed by visitors using their mobile devices. It is a safer way to handle visitors, especially in COVID-19 times, since there are no logbooks, touchscreens, or unnecessary contact with the reception.
Can Visitor Management System Be Integrated with Existing Security Systems, Such as Access Control and CCTV?
Yes, an automated visitor management system can be integrated with existing security systems such as access control and CCTV. Integrating visitor management with other security systems can provide a comprehensive and coordinated approach to security.
Some automated visitor management systems can also be integrated with:
- Access control systems – to increase building safety, visitors can enter the facility by scanning a QR code on their smartphone through speed gates, turnstiles, or lifts.
- Parking reservation – to improve traffic flow, reserve parking for guests before they arrive.
- CCTV Cameras & Barrier Integration – to prevent traffic jams and enhance safety, VMS can be integrated with your camera and barrier access system. All thanks to RFID and LPR technologies that automate vehicle entries and exits.
- Tenant Management Portals – to upgrade visitor management even more. Tenants can invite their guests by using mobile tenant applications that are easy to use.
Integrating an automated visitor management system with other security systems can help to streamline security processes, improve response times, and provide a more comprehensive approach to security.
What are the Benefits of Using a Visitor Management System?
Some of the advantages of visitor management and automated vehicle access control system integration had been already described.
An automated visitor management system can provide many benefits for a business or the building itself. Some of them include:
1. Increased security – A visitor management system can help improve security by tracking who is in the building and when they are there. This can help to prevent unauthorized access and keep track of who is in the building.
2. Ensured convenience – A visitor management system can make checking in and signing in visitors much easier and more convenient. This can help to speed up the process and make it easier for everyone involved.
3. Organized records – A visitor management system can help to keep track of all visitors to the building. This can help to keep records organized and easy to access.
4. Increased efficiency – A visitor management system can help to improve the overall efficiency of a business or organization. This can be accomplished by helping to streamline the process of checking in and signing in visitors.
5. Improved employee well-being – By delivering a safer workplace, visitor management systems could enhance your employees' well-being.
6. Compliance with safety and compliance requirements – Managing visitor data legally and staying compliant are easier with a visitor management system.
How to Choose the Best Visitor Management System
There are a lot of visitor management systems (VMS) on the market, so how do you choose the best one for your business? Here are some tips:
1. Do your research.
Find the right solution by comparing different ones, reading reviews, and examining case studies.
2. Consider your budget and think about your needs.
What features are important to you? A VMS should be able to track visitors, manage access, and provide security. Look for vendors who provide a detailed list of visitor management system features and find out about possible integrations with other systems.
3. Choose a system that is easy to use.
You don't want to spend time learning how to use a complicated VMS. You should ask about the support offered by the vendor and the process of implementing the software.
5. Make sure the system is reliable.
It should be able to handle a high volume of visitors and be able to integrate with other systems in your business.
6. See in action.
Before you decide to deploy a VMS in your facility, make sure you can see it in action to verify if the solution meets your needs.
What are the Best Features of Digital Visitor Management Software?
Digital visitor management software has many features that are beneficial for businesses. These features can help manage visitors more effectively and securely. Some of the best features of digital visitor management software include the following:
1. Automated visitor management: This feature ensures a speedy and efficient check-in and check-out process.
2. Visitor tracking and reporting: It helps businesses track the number of visitors, who they are, and when they visited.
3. Security features: Often, the software offers features such as NDAs, visitor watchlists, and elevator integrations that define entry zones
4. Fully customizable software: This feature allows businesses to create, e.g., custom workflows, badges, invitations, or reports that match their branding and fit your business needs
5. Integration with other technologies: This feature allows businesses to integrate digital visitor management software with other technologies and software solutions such as vehicle automation access control or facilities management systems.
These are just a few of the many features that are available in digital visitor management software. Businesses should research the different software options to find the one that best meets their needs.
How Does Visitor Management Systems Improve Security and Protect Sensitive Information?
An automated visitor management system can improve security and protect sensitive information in several ways:
- Access Control: Automated systems can control the access of visitors to different parts of a building, ensuring that visitors are only allowed to enter areas they are authorized to enter.
- Record Keeping: Automated systems can keep a record of all visitors, their purpose of visit, and the areas they have access to, helping to track and monitor visitor activity.
- Real-Time Monitoring: Automated systems can provide real-time monitoring of visitor activity, alerting security personnel of any suspicious behavior or activities.
- Data Protection: Automated systems can store visitor data in a secure, encrypted manner, protecting sensitive information from theft or unauthorized access.
What Kind of Visitor Data Can Be Collected and Stored?
An automated visitor management system can collect and store a variety of visitor data, including:
- Personal Information: Visitors' names, addresses, phone numbers, and identification information (e.g. passport number, driver's license number) can be collected and stored.
- Purpose of Visit: The reason for the visitor's visit, such as a scheduled appointment or business meeting, can be recorded.
- Time and Date of Visit: The time and date of the visitor's arrival and departure can be recorded.
- Host Information: The name of the person the visitor is scheduled to meet can be recorded.
- Access Information: The areas of a building the visitor is authorized to enter and the length of time they are authorized to be in each area can be recorded.
- Vehicle Information: If the visitor arrived by car, the make, model, and license plate number can be recorded.
- Photograph: A photo of the visitor can be taken and stored for future reference.
The way your organization manages visitors is imperative for customers' experiences. Creating a positive impression through a safe, seamless entry and exit experience can transform your facility.
When evaluating visitor management options, there are many factors to consider. We are here to assist you with these decisions.
Get in touch with us to discuss your needs - we’re here to help.
Learn more about Singu Guestbook – a digital visitor management system integrated with other Singu PropTech tools for your real estate.