As a property, facility, or asset manager, you know that managing your equipment is crucial to your success. But what happens when your real estate portfolio starts to expand and you can't keep track of everything yourself? That's where equipment maintenance software comes in.
Equipment (asset) maintenance management software is a tool that can help you control and streamline the management of your equipment, maintenance schedules, and repair history. There are many different types of software solutions available, so it's important to choose one that's right for your needs. In this blog, we'll answer some of the most common questions that you might have. So, let’s get started!
What Is Equipment Maintenance Software?
Equipment maintenance software is a tool that helps you to manage your equipment, monitor the status of your assets, and keep track of what has been done. Using this software, a complete maintenance workflow can be automated, reducing downtime and ad hoc repairs.
How Can Equipment Maintenance Software Help?
- Save time by automatically scheduling routine tasks like oil changes, filter replacements, and other preventative maintenance tasks.
- Streamline scheduling of equipment maintenance and repairs.
- See at a glance what needs to be done on each piece of equipment so that you can make informed decisions about when those items need to be performed.
- Get access to reports that allow you to analyze historical data.
- Keep track of data about equipment models, including usage hours, temperature, and many other details. By creating attributes to store and parameters to track over time, you can customize the tool to meet your needs.
- Using integration with IoT sensors like NFC tags, you can easily place equipment items on the digital floorplan. Whenever you are near a tag, your mobile phone will detect the signal and you will be able to navigate to specific asset information - quickly and easily.
How Does Equipment Maintenance Software Work?
The software is designed to help you manage your equipment. It helps you keep track of the status of each piece of equipment, and it streamlines you to perform maintenance tasks.
It will also allow you to record data about how well the machine or any other equipment is working so that if something goes wrong with it, you can find out what caused the problem and take steps to prevent a recurrence.
What Is the Purpose of Equipment Maintenance?
Equipment control software is a tool that helps you manage your equipment and its usage. It allows you to keep track of the equipment, make sure it is working properly, and report on its condition. This can help you prevent outages by keeping an eye on what machines are performing well or not so well in terms of their performance. Asset management and maintenance software also let you plan for maintenance needs, which means that when something breaks down, there will be no surprises at the end of the day!
What Are the Benefits of Equipment Maintenance Software?
There are many advantages of equipment maintenance software. Here are just a few:
- It can help to keep your entire equipment running efficiently and safely so that any problems can be addressed before they become serious.
- It allows for tracking of parts needed for repairs and replacements to ensure that all necessary parts are on hand when needed.
- This helps prevent downtime from unexpected breakdowns or failures.
- It can help reduce costs by helping you plan for repairs and replacements.
- If a piece of equipment fails or needs repair, you have a record of what was wrong and when it happened so that you can make repairs more quickly in the future.
- The software streamlines communication and records all maintenance tasks and automatically sends an email to each person who has completed a task. This ensures that everyone is aware of any issues that need to be addressed immediately, without having to call every individual on the list individually.
- Improve warranty management - with warranty information attached to any asset, you can instantly see how long a warranty lasts and when to schedule service or repairs.
- Technical data, equipment manuals, instructions, and more can be added, stored, and accessed easily.
What Is the Best Software For Maintenance Management?
Nowadays, real estate software is the backbone of more and more businesses and buildings. It allows for the efficient and effective management of day-to-day operations. There are so many different software tools for maintenance management that it is difficult to choose the best one. To pick the one that meets your needs you need to focus on the features the solution offer.
Which Equipment Maintenance Management Software Features are the Most Important?
Here are some of them:
- Integration with IoT sensors
- Monitoring equipment parameters and attributes
- Customizable reporting
- Storing digital equipment documentation
- Integration with BIM
- Equipment downtime tracking
- Equipment warranty tracking
To Wrap Things Up
When it comes to managing real estate, there are a lot of moving parts. That's why it's important to have a good system in place to help you keep track of all your assets. Equipment (asset) maintenance software can help you keep track of all your equipment, from building installations like HVAC, electricity, or central heating systems to external building elements or cleaning systems. It can also help you keep track of maintenance, repairs, and support vendor management.
Managing your equipment can be a daunting task, but with the right software, it can be easier than you think. Velis Real Estate Tech offers a free demo of Singu FM – all-in-one facility and maintenance management software with the equipment management module. Request a free trial today and see how our software can help you streamline your equipment management processes. Start you free trial today!